I’m a book-lover. Always have been, always will be. Told myself I’d never own a Kindle. Then hubby bought me a Kindle for Christmas. Resisted it at first . . . then the temptation to carry a lightweight reader on the bus back and forth to work became too much to resist. So, I load up my Kindle with free ebooks, some trashy, some not. And I often regret paying for a business-type book for my Kindle, instead of purchasing the paper version in which I can dog-ear the pages, scribble notes on it, and be able to read the tables and graphs (which are extremely hard to see on my Kindle).
These are some of my favorite business-book authors (I’ll update this periodically). I think you’ll enjoy these.
Purchasing the books from this link enables a bit of support to national SDA. http://ow.ly/wbuMP.
L. David Marquet
- Turn the Ship Around!
Kenneth Blanchard, William Oncken, Jr., and Hal Burrows
- The One Minute Manager Meets the Monkey
- The Accidental Creative – How to be Brilliant at a Moment’s Notice
John Wooden with co-authors Jay Carty and David Robinson
- Coach Wooden’s Pyramid of Success Playbook
- How to Self-Promote Without Being a Jerk
- You’ve got to be kidding! How to keep your job without losing your integrity
- You want me to do what? When, where, and how to draw the line at work
Bankable Leadership : Happy People, Bottom-Line Results, and the Power to Deliver Both
Steven D. Wood
- Be Bodacious: Put Life in Your Leadership
- Lean HR: Introducing Process Excellence to your Practice
- The Radical Leap
- The Radical Edge
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team
- The Three Signs of a Miserable Job
- Death by Meeting
- Now, Discover Your Strengths (co-author Donald O. Clifton)
- Go Put Your Strengths to Work
Pat Heim and Susan K. Golant
- Hardball for Women
- Hiring for Attitude